Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Volunteer Blogger?


If you've found your way to here, you'll maybe have picked up that this website features articles by yours truly on gardening and related subjects. This post however aims to promote my first article on another website; as a volunteer blogger for the Heritage Open Days team. I hope my involvement with the team can provide a wider platform to spread positive messages about gardens; particularly ones that open for Heritage Open Days.


Wellingtonia+Avenue-Heritage+Gardens
 
My personal contribution will be spread over twelve months, which includes articles during the build up to the open days on 12th to 15th September 2013, and afterwards. I hope to bring a heritage garden focus to the team, with articles aimed at attracting new visitors to the open days, and also for organisers who are thinking of opening their gardens in support of Heritage Open Days.

The outcome, as far as my involvement goes will hopefully be a little extra promotion for heritage garden properties, which may indeed trigger repeat visits. To this end I ask a favour or two:

  • Look out for my posts on the Heritage Open Days blog - every 'read' counts.
  • Make a comment - each one helps us guage interest and support for heritage gardens.
  • Please use the share tabs at the bottom of article - share the post and support heritage gardens!
 
I shall tweet and blog here whenever an article goes live, but do please follow the link to read my very first article; and remember to make a comment!

'Gardens - To visit or not to visit'
 
Regards
 
Gary

p.s. Look out for up-coming posts such as "Selling heritage gardens", and "Plants and People".

 
 

No comments: